Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My darling child. PART 2

These are those musings, which I never shared with you. Thoughts just kept crowding my mind & I kept everything to myself. We ended up writing about more mundane things, daily almost.

I picked up e-mailing & working on the computer, so fast, I could not believe! Me, who used to be so put off by the computer! That little box became my lifeline. It kept me going when you were gone. Every time I sat in front of it to open my mail I prayed intensely. Oh, please God let there be few lines from you. How much I missed you! My heart ached with love & longing. Every night I dreamt that you were still with me. I could touch you; that your parting was just a bad dream. And the morning rays filtering through my windows would wake me up to the rude shock of the reality. You were actually thousands of miles away. The Truth would not sink in. Is it true? You are not just a call away?

Your e-mails became the highlight of my day. I deleted many. Wish I had saved & taken printouts. It occurred to me much, much later.

1 comment:

ilesh said...

shama ji....no words to say...but ya heart is full by feelings....its a bond of love with a mother to her kids...n no one feel like this ......but yeh a mother is.....it is life, birds have to fly.......

thats gr8 u r realy a creater....doing lots of things.....keep it up....God bless u