Monday, April 16, 2007

"A playful prankster,even while in agony"

The other day I called up my sis who lives in a metrapolis for some urgent work.I first called her on her landline but was told that she was in the same market,from where I wanted her to pick up a few things for myself.The conversation was as followed.Ofcourse,I now had to call her up from my mobile to her mobile:
Me:Oh,good you are......

Sis: Now,now I know its the 1st of April! I know why you must have called up!I have already warned everybody at home to be beware of your calls! I bet, now you just won't succeed in any of your plans! We had enough of that!!

To be very frank,I hadn't a clue as to what date it was, though I was the (in)famous foolproof fooler!!I cld have come out of my grave just for day to fool my folks,very harmlessly & then returned!

I instantly caught on & decided to give it a trial.Something very spontaneously,nothing planned!

So here I began: Oh,please just listen,give me a breather!I myself have been made a profound fool today!ALL the mobiles from my house are stolen!Thats the reason I called in such an urgency!Just try dialing the #s you have in your list right away,before the cheat destroys the cards!!Forget everthing & do it now!

Sis: Oh my god,when did this happen?Who all came to your place....can you recall...

Me: Don't waste time!!I am telling you!!Disconnect & start dialling!

Sis: OH,OK,Ok!

Line was disconnected! Imagine my mobile #along with my name had flashed on hers!

Next second my cell rang.

Me: Hello!

Sis: Who is this??Who are you??Whose cell you are using??I am reporting to the nearest police station,& I am serious,its not a threat,you cheat...

Me: Hold,hold on....

Sis(utterly confused):Is that YOU! Have you already located,found out....

Me: But my darling I never lost it!

Sis: What are you talking about? Why the hell...

Me: My dear you challenged me that its 1st of April & you just won't get fooled! I had forgotten,you are the one who remimnded me!!So now..

Sis: Blah,blah & more blah,not worth mentioning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shama
You seem to be endowed with a wicked streak! That could have fooled me too!
:)
Y

shama said...

After I had kids,I always had wicked company!Learnt a lot from them.Great teachers!After all what contributes in the making of a person!Heredity & environment!
Thanks for the compliment.